Montréal, McGill University - Rare Books and Special Collections - Manuscript Collection, MS Medieval 0025 (fragment) | Cantus Manuscript Database
Montréal, McGill University - Rare Books and Special Collections - Manuscript Collection, MS Medieval 0025 (fragment)
- CDN-Mlr MS Medieval 0025 (fragment)
- Gradual, two leaves, German, 15th century. Hufnagelschrift on five-line staff. 31.0 x 22.5 cm. Writing surface: 24.5 x 17.0 cm.
- Liturgical Occasions
- Ash Wednesday; Holy Thursday; Good Friday.
- "In Latin. On vellum. 15th century Gothic script. From South Germany. Two leaves, one column containing musical notation on a five line stave. 310x225 mm. Writing surface: 245x170 mm.
Contents F. Ir. Parts of the Mass of Feria Quarta Cinerum. Graduale: ...lo et liberavit me dedit in opprobrium conculcantes me. Tractus: Domine non secundum peccata nostra...(Psalm 102) Expl.: ...salutaris noster et prop F. Iv. ter gloriam... Offertorium: Exaltabo te Domine...(Psalm 30) Communio: Qui meditabitur in lege...(Psalm 1) Feria Quinta. Introïtus: Dum clamarem ad Dominum exaudivit...(Psalm 54) F. IIr. Parts of Feria Sexta in Parasceve. Ihesus panem benedixit... Tractus: Domine audivi auditum tuum...(Habacuc 3) Expl.: ...in ira misericor F. IIv. die me... Tractus: Eripe me Domine ab homine malo...(Psalm 59) Expl.: Acue
Decoration Eight initials in brown ink, surrounded by running patterns of beads and curlicues. One initial, in red ink, also surrounded by beads and curlicues, extending along the left margin of F. IIr. Also, five initials alternating between blue and red ink, without decoration."
(Holland, Anne Marie, compiler. "MS Medieval 25." Long Descriptions Ms Medieval Manuscript Antiphonals, Missals and Graduals. Digitization and Cataloguing Project- Antiphonals, Missals and Gradual. Updated December 6, 2018), 15.
- Notes on the Inventory
- The inventory for this fragment was begun on 6 March 2020 at the "Digital Humanities in Early Music Research" seminar held in Prague, sponsored by the Masaryk Institute and Archives of the CAS. Participants: Jan Ciglbauer, David Eben, Jana Franková, Rhianydd Hallas, Lenka Hlávková, Eleonore Kinsky, Martin Konvalinka, Samuel Škoviera, Veronika Tůmová, Haig Utidjian, Hana Vlhová-Wörner. Seminar Leaders: Jennifer Bain and Debra Lacoste. The inventory was completed by Ilaria Culshaw, FoH (Dalhousie University) with proofreading by Alessandra Ignesti (McGill University).
- Full Text Entered by
- Melodies Entered by
- Complete/Partial Inventory
- Complete Inventory
- Full Source/Fragment